Today, there are hundreds of thousands of wines you can find in the market. New flavors keep coming out, adding great variety to the wine market. In wine-producing countries like France, Spain or Italy, wine prices are often very affordable, and even cheap wines do taste very good. If you are interested to know the top 10 most popular wines in the world, here’s the list:
- Cabernet Sauvignon: This Bordeaux red wine is now so popular that you can find it being produced in unexpected places of the world.
- Merlot: Another famous wine from the Bordeaux region. Merlot is famous for its cherry flavors.
- Tempranillo: This wine has styles ranging from rose to red and is one of the most appreciated wines from Spain.
- Airén: This Spanish white wine comes from the Castilla-La-Mancha region.
- Chardonnay: This white wine originates from the Burgundy region in France.
- Syrah: A red wine originating from the Northern Rhône region in France
- Garnacha: A red wine that has a strong aroma of black and red berries.
- Trebbiano Toscano: An Italian white wine
- Sauvignon Blanc: Another white wine originates from the Bordeaux and Loire Valley regions of France
- Pinot Noir: This wine is famous for its excellent fruit flavors. The grapes that produce the best Pinot Noir tend to grow in cooler climates like those in France or New Zealand.
Above are 10 of the most popular wines in the world. If you are a wine lover, make sure you find an opportunity to taste all of them. You’ll find your favorite and may come up with go-to wines for different dishes and occasions.